About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Friday 21 May 2010

Goodbye to Harris boatyard

At last Hallmark is ready.  On Friday morning, Steve confirmed that everything on my long list was complete. I set off in my working clothes for Chertsey railway station of Friday afternoon. I then walked Laleham Reach and the yard.  My Googlemap showed the way and it ended up some 2.9 miles in probably the hotest Friday afternoon in May.  
A quick top up of diesel and I was off!
















But it was to be the shortest trip ever.  I was heading for the morning on the other side of the river.
Maggie was meeting me there and we would be off to Molesey in the morning.
She was also on foot and walked along the river from Staines station.
After a couple of beers on the boat it was off to the Three Horseshoes for a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment