About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Saturday 22 October 2011

A working day at Thrupp

I am back at Thrupp for my first working day at the Thrupp Canal Cruising Club.
There is plenty to do.
What great preparation and planning.
The stuff needed for the day is piled high.  
Tools galore.
Paint and brushes.
Loads of earth for tub planting and so many plants too.
Wood for fencing repairs.
Tons of stones for tow path renewal
And very clear lists of what has to be down.
What an amazing turnout of members and so brilliantly organised.
I met a group of really friendly members during the day.
And I even enjoyed wheeling barrow loads of stones to improve the towpath!.
It was tough work............... but.................the food at lunch time was great.
My first day was ended with a really good 'Morse and Chips' down at the village hall

No comments:

Post a Comment