About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Saturday 15 October 2011

Return to Thrupp

It is a great Saturday morning and I am on my way to Thrupp.
Sadly no Hallmark today.
I took the bus out of Oxford to Kidlington and then trudged up the Banbury.
After cutting through a hedge I was back at the amazing Oxford Canal.
Boat_at_thrupp

I am going to a meeting at the Thrupp Canal Cruising Club.
I have decided to be a a non-mooring member there.
This brings certain advantages like becoming a member of the Association of Waterway Cruising Clubs (AWCC) which offers the possibility of short term moorings at other clubs.
Thrupp_lift_bridge

My 'interview with the Number 1 and the membership secretary goes well and I am offered membership.
This means more trips to Thrupp (by bus) for working parties and events.
But I'll be back with Hallmark in the summer as I hope to cruise towards the West Midlands again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment