About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Monday 2 May 2011

Goring to Wallingford

1 locks: 6.0 miles

I had left Hallmark at Goring for three nights to get back to London.
All was safe on my return.




















Maggie made an enormous detour to drop me off at Goring on her way to Southampton.
She certainly missed her first race.
I decided to stay at Goring to be entertained by a number of local Morris groups.
They were tremendous.




















Whilst getting Hallmark ready for the off there was very loud splash and shouting.
A man had slipped off the back of his gin palace.
Other than being soaked through thankfully no other damage was done.
An eventful start to thye day!
I had a short day planned Just one lock and about six miles I was heading for Wallingford.
Cleeve lock, has the shortest pound on the Thames and it is followed by the longest to Benson Lock.
On the way tere is some amazing countryside.




































Wallingford has an amazing bridge with 17 arches however only five span the river






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So this year I have stopped at Wallingford for the night and I am off to explore the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment