About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Thursday 28 April 2011

Beale Park to Goring Lock

2 locks: 6.5 miles

Sadly I did not have time to explore Beale Park and its nature reserve and rare breeds farms.  As they say next time!  At least I stopped this year...........
It was a bit of a cold start to the day and mist hung over both banks.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You soon approach the amazing Brunel railway bridge at Gatehampton.
It is built at such and angle to the river.  The mansion at Basildon Park is some way back from the river but nearer is a large building called the Grotto.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before too long Goring Lock is upon you and before the lock are plenty of vistor moorings, But I am headed for a booked space around the back of the lock.
I am a little early as it does not need to be vacated until 12.00 noon.  The occupients of gin palace currently moored are waiting the Royal wedding! 
I have to meander arround above the lock and wait and dri9ft nearly to Cleve Lock which is less than half a mile away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment