About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Saturday 25 September 2010

Sunny but cold enough for a fire





















I'm spending the weekend on Hallmark.
The longest time aboard since the long cruise in August.
I felt it was great to be back!
What a lovely sunny beginning to autumn it was too.
Above is Hallmark on its mooring looking towards Platt's Eyot.
Despite the sun there is a real chill in the air.
So once the outside of Hallmark was 'spick and span' I 'retired' inside and got the wood stove alight and warming the cabin.



















I soon got the fire burning brightly and managed to get through a whole box of  dried out driftwood.
As well as sitting watching the river traffic and there were lots of boats out, I sat and watched the glow from the stove
There was time for a good bit of cleaning.
Amazingly there there were hardly any spiders around.
Is it getting two cold or is it the conkers?
I also managed a bit of reading and even started some outline planning for the 2011 cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment