About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Wednesday 1 June 2011

A day at Hatton

I arrived at Warwick Parkway station about 9:45am.
It was further down the flight than I thought.
But it was great to walk the Hatton again.

























I planned to get some 'emergency' fuel at the garage near lock 32.
I hit on the idea of asking a passing boat to carry it up for me.
Luckily the first I asked agreed.

























I walked on leaving them to lock the 12 remaining locks with my cans.
There were jobs to do on Hallmark including visiting the sanitary station.
Hallmark was there on her mooring.
She looked good.
A couple of 'new' boats had joined her.
























Outside everything was fine but the domestic hot water system was leaking again.
It looked like two pints had dripped away.
I rung John who had done the work at Banbury and he agreed to bring some new connection in the early evening to sort things.
I then walked down to the cafe at the top lock to treat myself to an all day breakast.
























John arrived and was soon at work totally replacing a couple of connections and the system was throughly tested and dry as a bone.
I walked to The Watermans for supper and on the way back the sunset was totally amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment