About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Reading to the Thames and Kennet Marina

0 locks:  0.5 miles

Time to move on from my mooring at the Tesco Riverside store in Reading.
I am going back to London for a few days and need somewhere 'safer' to keep Hallmark.
The Tesco mooring has been great, but I am not sure it is the best place to leave an 'unattended' boat for a couple of days.
So I am going to moor up at the Thames and Kennet Marine on the Caversham side of the river.
The marina is in a nature reserve and has sections for wide beam barges, narrow boats and cruisers.




















It is an enormous place with a big wide entrance that is easy to turn into.
Inside there are lines and lines of boats big and small.




















The great thing is they welcome 'short term' moorers and only charge £10 per night.
First some diesel and some water and then off to my berth for two nights.
Hallmark needs 49 litres but it is the first fill of the trip.





















The facilities look good with a bar and a cafe.
I'll try these on Wednesday night.
Getting on to the mooring was relatively easy and I was given good directions.
Tieing up needed a bit of thought but it was soon done and the Brompton bike was out on the pontoon and before long I was on the 3.5 mile cycle into Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment