About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Monday 28 March 2011

East Molesey to Harris Boatyard at Laleham

3 Locks:  10 miles.

Before I left East Moseley I spoke to Monique about my plans.
It seems that I have only just finished moving to the new mooring and Hallmark is off.
It is a cold morning start as Hallmark glides away from the River Bank in East Moseley.
It will be a familiar trip today!
But, nonetheless an important one with some work at 4Marine at Harris Boatyard at Laleham.
It is exciting to have Hallmark chugging along once more.
Going up river on the way to Sunbury the warmth of the sun finally gets through the clouds and there is no doubt day one will be a good cruising day!
There is not much river traffic about and very few people walking or cycling on the banks too.
But all the sites I really love on this so familiar stretch are there.
The Weir Inn is deserted but ready for the summer rush no doubt.  
Walton Marine looks enticing as Hallmark glides on.
At Shepperton Lock,  Thames Court is looking grand and then I see as the best part of this stretch Chertsey Mead and the arched bridge.
Not far to the last lock of the day and then the quite peaceful Laleham reach.
There were not many lock-keepers around either on this late March day meaning I had to work two of the three Thames locks myself.
Never mind ................ they are electric but slow when they are set for 'self service'.
Thames_courtThe_wier_at_sunburyChertsey_bridge Entrance_to_walton_marina

No comments:

Post a Comment