About Me

My photo
Enjoying taking photos, blogging and travelling on NB Hallmark .

Friday 16 July 2010

Back to Molesey and more wind and rain

After a good night of a few beers with Paul and a tour of his new boat and perfect radio to listen too I am up and about by 8.00am. After paying Paul I am off back to Molesey by 9.15am.
Laleham Reach feels so peaceful as Hallmark glides through still water.
None of the white horses from yesterday.
Well not yet!


















The huts and boats nestled before the M3 motorway crossing at Chertsey look inviting, especially in the sunshine.



















Then through Chertsey lock and on to one of my favourite bits of the Thames.
Its Chertsey Mead.  This photo is looking back towards the ancient many arched bridge across the start of the meads.





















And here is another of an imposing tree on the north bank of the meads.
Sadly after a sunny start the weather is closing in.  
The rain begins and the wind increases.
Not the best return to the mooring!


















As we approach Pharaoh's Island which is just above Shepperton lock the weather totally breaks.
































The weather gets worse at Walton.  
So wet the camera has to be stored!
At Sunbury locks I hit a problem.  In the heavy rain I slip and cut my leg just below the knee on the side of the back of the boat. But great first aid by the lock keeper and his assistant patch me up and although stiff I make the last leg of the journey safely home.
An eventful couple of days with wind at gale force!  

No comments:

Post a Comment